Let me preface this post (soon to be rant) by saying upfront that I am an unabashed technologist. I work for a web startup down in San Mateo, I used to be a web programmer, and I keep busy by playing the most popular computer game in the world, World of Warcraft.
In addition, I'm on all of the major social networking sites: Tribe, Friendster, MySpace, and... Facebook.
I dig Facebook. Building a zombie army so I could beat down my friends is fun as hell! Bringing back The Oregon Trail is the coolest! And while I'm not a Scrabble enthusiast, I can see the appeal of playing Scrabulous online.
BUT.
I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD.
The FunWall/SuperFun Wall/Poke/SuperPoke etc. shit is driving me fucking crazy.
I've never been forwarded as many stupid videos, as well as Snopes fodder on web hoaxes (listen, and I swear to you - adding a friend to your Facebook profile in no way puts your email inbox in peril.) I swear, I promise that this is the case, now STOP FUCKING FORWARDING ME SHIT ON MY FUNWALL!
I'm sick to death of stupid videos of people being stupid, or pets doing stupid things. I swear to fucking God, it's like getting spammed by America's Funniest Home Videos.
And Poke/Super Poking? Don't even get me started on that. What the fuck is a "poke?" Stop poking, prodding, bitchslapping, hadouken'ing (although I do dig the SF II reference).
If you want to say hi, say hi. Write me a nice personalized message on my Wall. Not my FunWall, or Super FunWall.
I'm gonna cut this post short, since I gotta go take down my FunWall and SuperPoke. Stupid apps.
You all have been given official notice. Blast me any pokes or funwall fodder, and I'll break into your house tonight and shit on your pillow.
Seriously.
-Shim
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment