I keep coming up with more insurance horror stories, so I figured I'd just leave them all in one location. But check these out, and tell me with a straight face that our health insurance system doesn't suck total balls.
Link #1: Navigating insurance billing issues, etc. when you're old and shit:
Read this article, and let me know if you'd be able to figure all this crap out when you're old and senile (like I plan on being)
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/18/health/18tren.html
Link #2: Need a liver transplant? Denied... Wait we changed our mind, go ahead and get the transplany. Oh, you died already? Our bad.... (with no admission of wrong doing)
http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-fi-cigna25dec25,1,7386134.story
More on this later.
-Shim
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shimmy, you can always go to China if you need a spare organ.
http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/rm/2001/3792.htm
Wanna take action? Here's the club I'm in...
www.healthcare-now.org
My dad is disabled and needed a referral to a specialist last year. For the sake of my own composure and inner joy, I can't even retell the story of his sold-out to the insurance company heartless scoundrel of a doctor who delayed my dad's care and left him without a proper work-up wondering what was going wrong inside his body but unable to do anything but sit and wait because the doctor overseeing his well-being wouldn't even send him in for a proper workup. What a bastard. That reminds me, I still need to write every reporting agency in Florida and formally complain.
Anyways, the reason he didn't want to send my dad to a specialist is because the specialist wasn't in his insurance group and his doctor wouldn't get referral money and his insurance company would have to pay a higher price for my dad's care. I dunno, maybe the doc's trip to Hawaii courtesy of Humana was on the line or something, but it was pretty fucking stressful for my dad going to sleep each night for a month wondering if he was going to wake up the next morning.
I'm a nurse because I like to help people. Our health care system is grossly inefficient and we need big changes.
Ok... I'm done.
Post a Comment